Annual Pledge Drive
Successful Pledge Drive!
We so very fortunate to be a part of a community that supports its public school, and raises it to the highest standard possible. The PTO would like to thank our parent community for renewing their commitment to partner with Silver Oak and provide educational enrichment and support to our school.
Fall Pledge Drive funds provide for all our K-6 classroom art & music programs, as well as our classroom technology investments and grants for each teacher to help with the cost of classroom expenses. New this year, the PTO now subsidizes a dedicated S.T.E.A.M. teacher to ensure our onsite lab remains cutting edge, and is used by all students and teachers to its fullest potential.
Thank you to all that answered the call and pledged what you could. Every pledge of support is very needed and appreciated!
Pledge Prizes and Incentives
Click the "PRIZES" button below to see all our exciting Pledge Prizes!
Silver Oak Dares to Reach High!
Silver Oak PTO Pledge Drive Goal
WHY Should I Pledge?
- PTO spending is heavily prioritized to go directly into the classrooms and benefits all students.
- The PTO invests over $300 per child for all students at Silver Oak throughout the year in the way of classroom enrichment programs, materials, technology, and *NEW for 2017* our S.T.E.A.M.-dedicated teacher.
- PTO pledge dollars raised are spent during the CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR. We commit to programs and instructors in advance, and work to raise the needed funds each fall. Should we come up short, immediate adjustments would need to be made.
- FRINGE BENEFITS: Your child could qualify to receive various prizes and incentives according their pledge level. These prizes can include field trips, gift cards, game tickets, memorabilia... and much more! CLICK HERE to view our prizes offering!
How Can I Pledge?
Families can pledge for single or multiple Silver Oak students at once. There are two ways you can submit your pledge:
- ONLINE PLEDGE: Your pledge information and payment may be submitted online. Please *CLICK HERE* to visit now.
- PAPER PLEDGE FORM: Forms will be sent home via your child's classroom. Completed forms and payments may be submitted to your child's teacher, or deposited in the PTO mailbox in the office. (if pledging for multiple children, just submit the form to one teacher). Please make checks payable to "Silver Oak Elementary PTO".
How Your Pledge Dollars Are Spent
The mission of the Silver Oak PTO is to partner with Silver Oak Elementary School staff and parents to provide students with access to resources that support educational enrichment with an emphasis on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Language Arts/Reading and Fine Arts.
In order to accomplish this, we:
- Raise funds through an annual pledge drive in August and September
- Contract with specialized providers for classroom music and art programs
- Invest in technology & equipment for classrooms and our on-site STEAM Lab
- Equip teachers and classrooms with educational software, additional resources for materials and supplies, and professional development/support to teach in a 21st century classroom environment
What Are the Different Pledge Levels?
PLEDGE DRIVE PLEDGE LEVELS:
We encourage all families to pledge $300 per student to allow us to meet our current program and materials investments. If you are able to pledge a higher amount than $300, it allows the PTO to explore other ways to invest in our classrooms and better support the needs of our teachers.
Extracurricular programs are organized by PTO, but they are NOT FUNDED by pledge dollars. Programs such as afterschool band, choir, Math Olympiad/Math Kangaroo, and the two plays are self-funding programs that are paid for by registration fees.
We strongly believe that your investment in the PTO is a good one... it directly benefits every child at Silver Oak, and continues to make our school an extraordinary learning environment. Thank you for your support.