Transportation to School
There are several ways students can arrive and depart from school each day. We suggest walking or private transportation.
Reminder: At this time Quimby does not allow riding bikes to school. There is no safe route to enter campus and there are no bike racks or storage areas. No Skateboards, Scooters (manual or electric), Shoes with wheels, Hoverboards or other means of transportation are allowed.
How Do I Get My Student to School?
There will be nearly 1200 students attending Quimby this year. In order to get all of these students to and from Quimby safely and on time, we strongly recommend the following:
- If you live within walking distance of Quimby, PLEASE have your child WALK TO SCHOOL.
- If you must drive, then PLEASE form a CARPOOL to minimize the number of cars on the roads.
- To minimize the traffic congestion, accidents and late arrivals to school, please follow the carpool suggestions listed below.
- Drop off your student(s) between 7:20 - 7:40 a.m.
- If you attempt to drop off your student(s) in the parking lot after 7:40 a.m., your student(s) may be tardy, and you will not be able to exit the parking lot for 15-20 minutes due to traffic congestion.
- After school, encourage your student to meet up with his/her carpool group first, then, walk to the pick-up point together. This will eliminate the need for the parent to go back to the school to get a student.
- Please be respectful of the surrounding neighborhood. The students should stay on the sidewalks and not wander through the yards.